- The Job Profile of Dak Sevaks will include all functions of viz sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster including IPPB work in the Departmental Post Offices/RMS.
- However, the work performed for IPPB will not be included in calculation of TRCA, since the same is being done on incentive basis.
- He may also have to assist Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and do marketing, business procurement or any other work assigned by the Post Master or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM etc.
The following Minimum TRCA shall be payable to the categories of GDS as mentioned in Directorate Order No.17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018.
sr. No. Category Minimum TRCA for 4hrs/L1 Minimum TRCA for 5 hrs/L2
1 BPM Rs. 12,000/- Rs. 14500/-
(Rs. 12,000-Rs.29,380) (Rs. 14500-Rs.35,480)
2 ABPM/Dak Sevak Rs. 10,000 Rs. 12,000
(Rs. 10,000-Rs.24,470) (Rs. 12000-Rs.29,380)
- The minimum and maximum of age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be 18 and 40 years respectively as on 15.03.2019
- Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit is given for selected categories (please check details in official notification
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018).
- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.(List of the languages is given in official notification).
Registration Start date: 06.06.2019 Registration End date : 05.07.2019
Apply online Start date: 13.06.2019 Apply online End date : 12.07.2019
To apply for this job please visit www.appost.in.