American Express Recruitment 2022 – Hiring Software Engineer | Early Careers | Bangalore
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally.
Job Title : Software Engineer I
Job Location : Bangalore/Remote
Salary : High in Industry
Experience : Any
Qualification : BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MCA or Any Related
Job Description :
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Card member experiences across multiple channels, including web service integration, java services, APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expertise in Java or Python, Spark and any scripting languages.
- Knowledgable in highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following database technologies: MySQL, Postgres SQL, NoSQL DB, Elastic Search.
- Knowledgable in data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, or other programs.
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous delivery, experience of Maven, Jenkins and other JVM languages.
- Requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of integration solutions and APIs.
- Communicating to stakeholders and business partners on the solution and the implementation aspects at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation
- Ability to work closely with technical architects and architecture governance technical team for solution development and design reviews.
- Functions as a member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices – tools and common components
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- 0 to 2 years of Software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development and automated testing Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Current knowledge of payments industry desirable.
- Manages seamlessly across time zones, cultures, and band levels.
- Communicates effectively with Technical, Operational, and Business stakeholders.
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings via teleconference.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required.
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Event Engine, etc.) tools for large scale data processing, data transformation and machine learning pipelines is preffered
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git.
- Experience working in an Agile and Test-Driven Development environment.
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style.
How To Apply:
The interested and eligible graduates register for the same position on following American Express careers portal link.
Apply Link: Click Here