About Blackboard Jobs: Opening for a Associate Software Engineer to help them to push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
Job Title: Associate Software Engineer
Work Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu / Work From Home
Blackboard Salary : Best In Industry
- Any experience designing, writing, and deploying scalable software
- Light experience with the Java stack, SQL databases, and web application development
- Any experience with Object-Oriented design and coding skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, and fluency in English
- Quick learner with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Light experience writing unit and integration tests
- Ability to work with a team of engineers on cross-functional agile projects
- An understanding of data structures, algorithm analysis, and design skills
- Experience with cloud-based hosting solutions (AWS)
As Associate Software Engineer, you will be responsible for demonstrating expertise with Java and REST APIs. You will become an active member of an agile team of developers participating in daily stand-ups, design sessions, code reviews, and sprint demos. You will embrace test development as an integral part of what you deliver as a software developer. You must be willing to respond to the unique challenges of delivering and maintaining cloud-based software including troubleshooting live production environments, minimizing downtime, and responding to client-reported issues.