Website Veritas Pune
Veritas’ vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That’s more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
What you will be doing:
· Gain expertise in certain components of the product and contribute to its evolution.
· Contributions to architecture, design, and implementation of end-to-end solutions.
· Work on day-to-day development activities including defect identification, fixing, unit testing, code review, and documentation. Development will be in C/C++ and Java, system programing and scripting languages like perl/python(as required)
· Contribute to automation of all new functionality.
· Ensure high quality of all code developed by thorough unit testing and code reviews.
· Handle customer escalations and provide timely and high quality analysis and patches on one or more platforms.
· Collaborate with other members of the team while working on various development activities.
· Work with cross functional teams within high availability products (QA, Dev, Docs) and across Veritas products.
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
· B Tech/M Tech/MCA – Computer Science with strong Computer Science and OS fundamentals.
· Excellent C and/or C++ programming skills. Additionally, should be willing to learn scripting skills as needed in shell and Perl
· Very good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and OS internals, especially of the aspects relevant to kernel and system programming.
· Effective collaboration skills for coming up with apt architectures and designs for end-to-end solutions.
· Must be comfortable with programming concepts like ioctls, locks, conditional variables, and multi-threading.
· Knowledge of distributed solutions, clustering, and networking concepts will be an added advantage.
· Good experience on UNIX/Linux platforms in addition to virtualization (VMWare, Nutanix, RHEV)
· Good communication and presentation skills – written and verbal.