COWI Civil Engineering campus placement drive for 2019 and 2020 BE/B.Tech Batch Freshers of Civil Engineering. Interested and Eligible freshers of Civil Engineering apply before 15 November 2020.
About COWI India:
COWI India has more than 300 dedicated staff working within India and are currently involved in a variety of multidisciplinary projects around the Globe.
We combine global presence with local knowledge to solve prestigious Building projects, such as:
- Design and 3D/4D modelling of project “POSTEN” which includes 200,000m2 offices, hotel apartments and residential towers in central Copenhagen, Denmark
- The extension of Copenhagen Airport with a new 80,000m2 Terminal building
- Health care projects in Denmark and Norway like the 200.000 m² Stavanger Hospital and others
COWI Civil Freshers Off Campus Drive 2020
JOB TITLE: BIM Trainee
JOB LOCATION: Chennai
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION: B. Tech in Civil (2019/ 2020 pass out)
TRAINING PROGRAM DETAILS:
The training program will run over a 3+6 months period and upon completion the students will have developed capabilities and competencies enabling them to solve complex 3D/4D/5D modelling tasks on large scale international building projects.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN TRAINING
- Danish and Norwegian design standards and guidelines
- International design standards like Eurocode, BS etc
- BIM software packages and tools including training in Autodesk Revit 2020, Autodesk Navisworks 2020, Solibri and MagiCAD for REVIT Structures
- Dynamo and other plug-ins
- Quantity take-off and clash detection reports
- Quality Management of models and drawings
DURATION OF TRAINING:
PHASE 1 – THEORETICAL TRAINING SESSIONS (3 MONTHS): The selected candidates will go through an internship for 3 months covering theoretical concepts of BIM. During this phase, students will be paid stipend to cover basic costs.
Upon completion of Phase 1, an individual evaluation of the performance and ability to learn 3D modelling will be conducted and successful students will be offered a full-time employment contract with competitive salary package before entering in Phase 2.
PHASE 2 – PRACTICAL ON THE JOB TRAINING (6 MONTHS): In this phase, on the job training will take place and the students will be working on our ongoing building design projects together with our experienced engineers and BIM modellers.
After successful completion of phase 2 your employment will be confirmed, and you will be a member of our international BIM modelling work force. Phase 1 and Phase 2 training will take place in a modern and international open office environment using state of the art software and hardware. Students successfully completing phase 1 of the training program will be offered BIM training certificate.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Must have B. Tech in Civil Engineering
- Must have attended and completed courses related to Building design
- Must have gained knowledge of building design software during studies
- Basic understanding of international building standards and codes is an advantage
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES NEEDED
- You have excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- You are a fast learner and ask questions to get things right the first time
- You have a ‘quality first’ mind-set
- You are a team player but can also work independently
- You thrive in an international environment
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your CV and application by 15th November 2020.