Microsoft Research India (MSRI) invites application from Engineering Graduates in India for the Research Fellows Program 2021. The Research Fellows (RF) Program at Microsoft Research India (MSRI) exposes bright, young minds in India to world-class research and the state-of-the-art in technology. The program prepares students for careers in research, engineering, as well as entrepreneurship.
MSR India has some of the best researchers pushing the frontiers of computer science and technology. Research Fellows have contributed to all aspects of the research lifecycle, spanning ideation, implementation, evaluation, and deployment.
MSR Research Fellows Alumni:
- Joined top PhD programs at universities such as MIT, Stanford, UC Berkeley, CMU, etc.
- Started companies such as Everwell, Capillary, and Ola!
- Are working at Microsoft (India and US) in development positions.
Candidates should have completed BS/BE/BTech or MS/ME/MTech in Computer Science or related areas, graduating by summer 2021. We evaluate candidates based on a combination of factors including academic performance, raw smarts, development skills, and proven ability or aptitude for research and software development. Microsoft offers an inclusive work environment, and we value diversity in our workforce.
Research Fellows Roles
Selected candidates spend 1 to 2 years at MSR India. Different roles require a different combination of skills. Current and past RFs have worked on: solving deep theoretical problems, pushing the boundaries of AI, designing new programming languages, field work in rural India, prototyping communication and sensing hardware, optimizing database queries, and building software systems. Regardless, they all consistently aim to create academic, industry and societal impact. Be sure to tell us what excites you most!
|January 15, 2021||Deadline for applications|
|March – April 2021||Offers extended to accepted candidates|
|July 2021||Research Fellows start at MSR India|
To apply, you will need the following documents:
2) Filled-out RF Interest Form.
3) A Statement of Purpose answering the following questions in one or two paragraphs.
- Briefly summarize one of the projects (or multiple closely related projects) that you have worked on. Describe your process of thinking through the steps you took in working on the project.
- Why do you want to apply for MSRI RF program? If you wish, you may also highlight specific projects or researchers whose work interest you.
- What, if any, are your career goals for the future? Describe a problem that you feel needs attention, and what do you see as the broad directions to approaching it.
The interested and eligible graduates apply on the following link.